Warehouse Repainting – What Type Of Paint Suits Metal Surfaces Best?
Industrial warehouses often need repainting due to exposure to the harsh environment. Different paint types suit metal surfaces best, and it is essential to choose the right kind to ensure the paint will last. This blog post discusses the essentials of warehouse repainting and the paints that best suit the surfaces.
Common Metal Structures in a Warehouse –
You need to consider what type of metal surface you will be painting.
- Steel – Steel structures are common in warehouses and are the most difficult to paint. Remember to use a primer before painting steel to ensure that the paint adheres properly.
- Aluminum – Aluminum is easier to paint than steel and does not require a primer. However, choosing a paint specifically designed for aluminum is essential as regular paint will not adhere properly.
- Galvanized steel – Galvanized steel is traditional steel covered with a protective coating that makes it resistant to corrosion. When repainting galvanized steel, it is essential to use paint compatible with the existing coating.
What Paint Suits Metal Surfaces the Best?
More than the paint, the warehouse repainting technique ensures quality results. Professionals are well-equipped to repaint your metal surface, considering they’re aware of the following essentials:
- Surface Preparation is Important –
Before repainting, you need to remove the existing rust or coating by sandblasting or power washing. If the metal surface is flaking, you must also scrape it. These steps are crucial to getting a long-lasting finish.
- Protective Paint –
When shortlisting options for warehouse repainting, choose paints that provide a protective barrier for commercial metal surfaces. Protective paint is resistant to fading, chalking, and corrosion. It also helps to get the right paint that can withstand extreme temperatures.
- Application Methods –
There are different ways to apply paint on a surface, from air sprayers to rollers and brushes. For warehouse repainting, it is best to use an airless sprayer. This method is quick, and you can achieve even coverage.
- Painting Safety –
Professional painters know repainting your metal surface comes with its hazards. Ensure you follow all necessary precautions when painting. Use a drop cloth to protect the floor and wear a mask to avoid inhaling fumes.
Signs Its Time to Repaint Metal Surfaces –
Every warehouse is different, and the time it takes for a repaint job will depend on the size of your warehouse and how often it’s used. Many warehouses are used for storing perishables, which puts into consideration food safety paints.
Whatever the matter, you must keep an eye out for signs of damage or deteriorating warehouse paint. If you see any paint deterioration signs, it might be time for a new paint job:
- Peeling or chipping paint
- Rust spots
- Faded paint
- Cracks in the paint
- Water damage
If you need a reliable solution to repaint your metal surfaces or warehouse repainting, look no further than Spray Tex Painting, serving Fairview. Our artisanal team is experienced in painting all types of surfaces and can help recommend the right paint to suit your needs.
We offer free estimates, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!